With $100000 in the bank after taking out loans and selling stocks, it's time to start a railroad! Choose from 4 scenarios across two continents with randomly generated resources, and design your own railroad that moves people and goods across the country. Use the revenue to continue expanding, while keeping control of your company and appeasing your stock holders with growth and revenues. Play the stock market with company assets. Drive your competitors out of business with buyouts and rate wars. Multiple types of resources to carry (roughly grouped as slow freight, fast freight, passengers, mail) and convert, own facilities to maximize profit (buy a steel mill and the conversion from iron ore to steel makes money for YOU). Use the latest available technology to your advantage (new locomotives). Your objective is to retire with a huge bonus (based on your company's assets) and become the President or the Prime Minister (depending on which continent).
The game is essentially a bird's-eye-view real-time strategy game with aspects of building and stock market manipulation. Each fiscal period is 2-years, which corresponds to 1-day of track time. Build different sizes of stations to take care of different local needs, create trains that switch consists at different stations and maximize throughput. Upgrade/retire/modify trains as times change. The faster the trains arrive, the more money they earn. Multiple options will keep you busy as each game is different.
To enable track laying, keep Numlock pressed instead of Shift, and use the numeric keys.
Building an Iron Girder bridge seems to hang the game, I tried this several times without success, so save your game before building bridges !
August 29, 2016 Subject:
In FF not work build track. May be problem switching window or other.
You can do retire, dosbox win, can run again as game.exe, but problem still, cannot build track.
You can build track only with mode with bad train-code :) This mode have only 2 train.
Codes is not problem. You can start game with more years and can switch engine. Do screenshoot in all locations. You get about 15 trains of 30.
- Create special train for people / mail. You can only select start-end station for one line. All wagons must as some type as other station, then train not stop. (I usually use start-and and 2-3 station across)
- Can use shift+d (or capslock) for double.
- Double track cannot crossed by enemy, best to block around station or line track.
- You can build industry (not need) or improve station (need) - post office with serif, restaurant, sometime storage for goods, cold, livestock pet...
- you can start game again. Retire, end bye=yes, dir *.exe, dir *.bat, or rails.bat, railsc.bat, if you can run again, if cannot build track.
- ERROR2 - cannot build iron bridge. Game crash. If you can test, save game
The game, for copy protection, requires the user to look up details in the software manual (determine a train engine's type) to unlock the full game features. Without this, the game is difficult for anyone to play.